Tuesday 5 October 2010

Paris Fashion Week

It seems that black is the 'new black' for 2011. I can't say that the collections I have seen from Paris thrilled me. I liked what I saw in London and New York better (I only went to a couple of shows in London - I am not that jet-set sweetie!). Anyway, the visitors were uber glam in Paris, as one expects.

The 90 years of Vogue masked celebration.

Giselle, Trya (no comment), and Laura Wallimson doing the diva thing.

 
Mr Jacobs, Monsieur Gautier and Ms Von Tease looking like the masks might be useful after the party if you catch my drift.

 Chanel Iman looking coquettishly cute in her mask. Natalia Vodianova wearing lace how it should be worn. Take note Rihanna and Lady Gaga and Lilly Donaldson looking very hot. Almost too hot

 
Ms Kurkova looking like she means business. Ass does the editor of French Vogue. And designers Diane Von Furstenberg and Zac Posen make an interesting couple.

Anna Wintour went from this to this. It is not bad, but she was absolutely stunning and has maintained well, but she had so much more character in her look back time seems to have fossilised her charisma. 

Janet Jackson visited a few shows. She is cute but I don't love her look. I think she could look 'fresher' in the garment department - although she is hot.

Rachel Bilson showed us why she is nearly always on my best dressed list. She wears clothes so well. Note how the same jacket is finishing every outfit off well. This piece is worth the investment.

Dita Von Tease was there looking perfectly groomed for the most part. I am not the feeling the cut of the flesh coloured sleeves. And I don't even see what she is wearing sat next to Lenny Kravitz. He makes me throb - not so much in this photo and not with those boots!
Miranda Kerr is five months pregnant...
and looks better than me most. I can't hate, love (and bringing new life into the world) is a wonderful thing.

Kate Moss looks like the fashion icon that she is. Lilly Allen unleashes her inner fashionista scrubs up really well.

Stella McCartney
Poppa, Sir Paul, Liv Tyler with the designer herself and I don't really feel what Selma Hayak is wearing though she is somewhat fabulous nonetheless.

Jean Paul Gautier
Beth Ditto walked for the enfant terrible. And she did well. Click on 'read more' to see her doing her stuff.
At Givenchy:
 
Liv Tyler and Justin Timberlake looking hot in black - that's 'the new' black. And Kate Moss, also in 'the new' black.

Roberto Cavalli - 40 years of design. 
Leona Lewis,and Yasmin le Bon chose colour. Not really working that well for me. Natalia looks better though.

 Bar Reaeli and Carine Roitfeld and Eva go tailored silhouette. I am not loving the garments. At all.

 
I have to say I don't really like Roberto Cavalli garments. I find his gowns can look a little tacky. For me, he still mainly designs for JLo in the 90's. However, Rachel Bilson, Heidi Klum, Natalia Vodianova and Aishwarya Rai look sexy, cool and classy.

Naomi and and Tyra please wear a fringe.. formerly supermodels who still look great, but I have to say I don't really get the garment choices. I blame Roberto.

David Guetta and Craig David think trainers are black tie. At least it detracts from the clothes.

AMFAR/Vanity Fair.
Heidi Klum looked great. Leona Lewis (lovely), did OK too.

I didn't like this:
I have no clue who Liz Goldwin is, but this is just unflattering and unwise. Lady Gaga is not for copying people. Kylie, I smell mutton again with these two numbers.

More on the collections that I liked and ..not so much when you click on read more below.

My Fave.. Viktor and Rolf

I hated this Alexis Mabille.
These are the most unflattering outfits (OK, I kinda could like the first dress if I wasn't distracted with the tights) and accessories ever. Who wants to make their legs look like ham hocks? Who? Put your hand down Lady Gaga.

Celine: a very wearable, but not very exciting collection.

John Galliano: Colourful and quirky. Exactly what I expected from him, but surprisingly wearable too.

Stella McCartney: Sorry, but I didn't really like this collection. The dresses didn't offend me, but in the whole, I found it very suburban and not reall figure enhancing/flattering or kind.


 I don't know about Beth Ditto, I loved her look and confidence. Not sure about Viktor and Rolf either. Love the theatre though.


No comments:

Post a Comment