Thursday 7 October 2010

Paris Fashion Week - part deux

  
Naomi Campbel has hooked up with her good hairdresser wig stylist because she is looking cute again. Dita is being Dita. And nobody does it better. And great to see Noemi Lenoire looking healthy and well. I wish Janet would get a new stylist though to freshen up her look. Her style brings her down a little. 

Amber Rose has done well for herself being invited to so many international prestigious fashion shows. Her 'asset' is eating the dress she is wearing and we know I am not a fan of real fur. And singer Shingai Shoniwa also made it to Paris.

 
Her ex Kanye West has a new model, literally Selita Banks They both look great, although I don't know why they do real fur. It is an industry that is beyond cruel. This is an outfit that looks great on Alexa Chung. Yes, you read it right, I think she looks lovely. And Caroline Seiber looks cute here too at the Valentino show.


I think that Salma Hayek's dress would have worked with bare legs or opaque tights. The tights do not flatter her legs and her feet look a little 'trotter' like in these shoes. She has not made the best choices. I also am not feeling this choice for her. The jacket is cool and perhaps the dress is nicer when it's not crumpled – but I don't like it. And Kate Moss doing the classic fifties circle skirted prom dress. Doing it well.

In general, don't like Alexa Chung's style. There is something contrived about it. It lacks spontaneity. However, it doesn't offend me. Neither does Daisy Lowe. I love the top and maybe the skirt, but they just don't work together. I am not liking Olivia Palermo's look either. Her hair and make-up are flawless, but I dot like the jacket, dress or shoes.

Anna Piaggi has looked like this forever. Way before Lady Gaga stole her and Grace Jones looks. Courtney Love's look has been upgraded. I barely recognised her. I have no idea who Joana Preiss is but I do love her look from head to toe. It is all black, but the textures make it an interesting and beautiful outfit.

Kiera Knightly looks lovely. The new bob frames her face well and I need those shoes in my life. I love Lilly Allen's look here. It is simple and classy. Soo Chanel. As is Vanessa Paradis. I appreicate the bow detail of the silk blouse. Leigh Lezzard is all the way hot in this lace and featherwork dress. I even like clutch (I still can't get with the quilted leather chain detail bags - never will!).

I however, do not like Claudia Schiffer's look. I find it off putting when people compete with the models on the catwalk. But this is the other extreme. I am also disappointed with Rachel Bilson's look. I like the leather jacket and perhaps the dress, but not together. I am also bored of the dominatrix strappy platform sandals. I am not convinced with Lou Dillon's look, but it does not offend me.

 Ines de la Fressange walked for Chanel aged 52 and made rain on the young 'uns and Karl Largerfield chose to walk with her when he took his bow.

The young and the restless. Between her hairdresser/weave technician and her stylist, Rihanna is still killing me softly. The lovely Dakota Fanning looks totally washed out in this pink leather offering. And *yawn* I am bored of Alexa Chung's undernourish sparrow style.

The Louis Vuitton show has a seventies twist on the twenties flapper girls.

The first of Alexander McQueen's shows without him.

More of the catwalk shows when you click on read more below

Chanel was classic and beautiful. Mostly, but not entirely wearable, but fashion darling! I am still making my mind up about the shoes. Comfortble looking but slightly for the clubbed footed? Perhaps?

 




 
 I am not feeling the feminine jacket on men/boys. The emperor is naked.

 
I can so see Rihanna and Gaga etc, wearing the hotpants. Not for everyone.

Louis Vuitton. I love the textures and colours.

McQueen - sans McQueen

Chloe, Valentino and Elli Saab.

Miu Miu

No comments:

Post a Comment