Friday 1 October 2010

London Fashion Week

London Fashion Week

I was lucky enough to visit this year. I have to say people made too much effort. I do feel good when I look good and I don't think that is shallow either, but I do think an excess of effort is worse than no effort at all.

Anyhoo.. In the over exposed category were:

Amber Rose

Shingai Shoniwa 'look at me everyone. 
Yes I see Paloma Faith too, but she has the Lady Gagaism that compels me to ignore.
   
Oilvia Palermo – but she looked flawless, except for at TopShop unique.

Visiting Burberry were
  
No comment on Alexa Chung's 'quirky' ripped skirt.. Andy Murray's girlfriend looks great. And the Doyenne of fashion, Anna Wintour. Her style is extremely monotonous. She is very chic and classic, but her look just merges one into the next.

 
Sarah Jessica Parker – pretty fab actually.

 Pixie Geldof – just a mess. How many designers wept when she rocked up in their clothes? Caroline Sieber – very scary looking. Looks like she skinned her coat herself.
Poppy Delevigne – I like the shoes. If only Serena was given this option.


Serena Willaims and her feet. I can't. Why must I weep? The dress looks market stall and the shoes do not flatter.

Other visitors:
Also at the shows were: Didier Drogba – my guilty pleasure *wipes drool from keyboard*. Alesha Dixon.. moving on to Alexis Colby Joan Collins. Divalicious.
Jamelia's dress is fine but the boots are some kind of awful. Alexandra Burke still exudes lovely. And Yasmin le Bon does not age. I am unsure about her outfit, but it does not offend.

Kate Moss being herself. Naomi consolidating her icon status 25 years in the business. Loving Meg Matthews dress. Michelle Williams suiting the longer hair.

Naomi consolidating her diva status. 25 years in the business!

The Designers:
Sir Paul Smith.

John Galliano. I can't.


 
Pam Hogg.. I have no words. Nothing. I weep.

More of the above collections and a selection of my faves when you click on read more below.

Burberry Porsum did the biker thing
 

Ooops - that's why I don't wear high stillettos anymore.

Christopher Kane

Clements Ribero

Fashion East

Issa was my fave for colours and styling


Jaeger caught my eye. Wearable and colourful


  

John Richmond - I imagine Ciara and the Kardashian clam clamouring for his designs.


  

 


Pringle


And I liked Todd Lynn for maintaining some of the theatre and not making his catwalk show too commercial.

No comments:

Post a Comment