Friday 19 November 2010

Fashion's Pretenders – the young and restless

Emma Watson has got great style. I can't say if it is all her or if it is a stylist, either way she is wearing it all very well.
Natalie Portman rarely gets it wrong. She is so stylish and elegant and exudes an effortless chic in the same way Audrey Hepburn could.  Christina Ricci hits it more often than misses it (the fashion mark). I like that she takes risks. I don't know who Julia Singer is, but I love the colour and cut of this orange, silk dress.  Chanel Iman is everywhere these days and usually looking very good with it too. Blake Lively is killing it in Chanel.

Nicole Richie has evolved so much in terms of style. Now we know she also looks great in relaxed gym clothes.  I am not loving Solange Knowles complete look. I like the dress, but I don't like the purple velvet shoes. I like Lourdes Ciccone's style at times. She has a cuteness about her and manages to maintain an innocence with her look even though what she is wearing is short and tight. We like. Just stunning. Devon Aoki is so exotic looking that I think she manages to pull off this long jersey dress.

Carey Mulligan is the fashion editors darling right now. I think it's because she is young and doesn't dress with her bits hanging out. Whilst I do applaud this, I still can't see the fashion icon that she is supposed to be. Alexa Chung can get is right sometimes, I love shorts and blouse outfit. But then she reverts back to the 'quirky' and I don't feel it. At all. Chloe Sevigny nearly gets the thumbs up here. I like the top half and even the boots, but I think that this would have worked better with a black pair of leather/winter shorts and tights. Or any length full skirt (black to keep with the monochrome theme).

Fearn Britten takes seems to try to be a wacky fashionista. I could be wrong but I find her looks too mish mashed sometimes. Britney oh Britney. So much money and talent and so little taste. But I am still applauding the fact she seems healthy and is keeping it together.  Ashlee Simson Wentz is looking more and more like an undernourished sparrow. I think I prefer her with darker and longer hair, or perhaps shorter hair, just not this hair.

Leighton Meester was ill advised with this choice. Perhaps it looked great on the catwalk, but a lace/transparent jumpsuit only looks good on 'working girls' who need to show off the good china – if you catch my drift. The Olsen twins have worn this look all month (or at least it seems so). I know they buy or get given a lot of clothes, but I am not convinced with their sense of style. It seems they play 'dress up' and don't convince me.

Ms Rihanna. Do we like the new cartoon red weave? The 'royal we' does not. It makes her much plainer even though she is still has a beautiful face.

The 'fresh' crop of Kardashian/Jenners are actually quite cute. They don't seem to have the look of excess with their style. I hope they keep it up.

The less than fresh crop are still overdoing it like. Riddle me this: why wear (such an ugly) fur coat when your baby sister is a spokes person for PETA? Every thing is ugly and overdone with this look. And The Eldest sister Kourtney must have a very literal sense of fashion interpretation. I think I could see this look in a magazine, but it looks excessive and uncomfortable in the street. The final look I HAVE NO WORDS. I can't I quit.

No comments:

Post a Comment