Wednesday 9 June 2010

I am confused.

Stunning Iman was honoured for being a fashion icon. Here she is in a very unflattering dress. Aside from the dress being, well - not nice, it makes her chunky rather than curvy. A pity. Husband, David Bowie's suit flatters.

Of course Sarah Jessica Parker was there (in McQueen). Fabiola Beracasa looked 'fashion challenged' in this mess of a dress. Donna Karan looked better than usual in one of her designs.
Also there to celebrate were Rachel Roy in another less than flattering silver, frou frou number and shoes that look like they squeeze her feet. And a stunning Liya Kibede. The dress is devine, but the shoes look a little too 'surgical corrective'.  The ladies fashion choices confused and disappointed me. Anna Wintour looked her usual classic self, as did Rachel Weisz.

Why do designers dissapoint me? Vera Wang looks far too thin for me to even consider what she is wearing. And Zac Posen is not putting his best foot forward. Meanwhile, Jimmy Choo founder, Tamara Mellon always seems to look the wrong side of slutty for me.

I don't get why these ladies are style icons. Really I don't. I rarely like what Alexa Chung is wearing, this occaison is not different. Shapeless and unattractive to me. Meanwhile, Rachel Zoe does not seem to be able to dress herself with the same impact as her clients. I don't like this. The Olsen twins actually look good here. And Gweneth Paltrow does not offend or excite me, So I'll end on a positive.

Brooke Sheilds, OK. Jessica Biel, good, Zachary Pinto, weird. Lara Stone, dude where's my eyebrows.

Smith Family
At Jaden's film premier - Karate Kid 1000. Too tangy for my tastes. I don't even know where to begin with Willow. Really, lost for words with this family.
On the move..
Also on the move is pregnant Alicia keys. Pregnancy is not an excuse make these clothing choices. The boots and leggings are killing me softly. Killing me.. And Victoria Beckham's dress could be nice, but her sharp boned, uber skinny frame is too distracting for me to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment